Thermia Safety Warning (Old Supplier)
If you have had a Thermia Heat pump, (models 1050 and 1550), supplied by Energy Superstore Limited (formerly Heatlink) installed between 2003 and 2012 please read the following advisory notice.
The National Consumer Agency has been advised that two incidents have recently occurred, each involving a fire associated with a Thermia heat pump. No individuals were injured and no significant property damage occurred.
In order to avoid any possible fire hazard please immediately switch your heat pump to electric heat mode. Follow the instructions below to change the operating mode on the Heat
Pump from “AUTO” to “ADD HEAT”:
1. Press the right key once to select the main “Information” menu. The cursor will highlight the menu selection “Operation”.
2. Select this by pressing the right key once. The cursor will highlight the operating mode that was used last (Auto).
3. Press the down key to scroll down to “ADD.HEATER”.
4. Press the left key twice to return to the operating mode.
5. The new settings are now complete, to control that you have done the setting correctly check the main menu. The main menu should display the text “Operation ADD.HEATER” and you will also have an electrical symbol on the screen.
Contact Energy Superstore
Thermia heat pumps is carrying out a programme of corrective action and will follow up with end users in due course. please contact Energy Superstore on 057 93 24062 / 057 93 24059 / 057 93 24118 or alternatively please complete our online enquiry form.